Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday - How I Love You

Thursdays, from September to May, are my favorite day of the week.  It is the day that I can be totally selfish with my time.  Well from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm anyway!  I can make lunch plans somewhere other than McDonald's and I do not have to worry about dirty diapers or naps.  I have freedom to make plans for whatever I want, even if it is laundry and cleaning.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but sometimes a mom needs that time alone to refresh and recharge herself.

That is what my Thursdays do for me.

Today started the Moms Day Out program that our two little boys go to.  This is a wonderful ministry that a church close to us has.  We have been participating on Thursdays since Fall 2006 and love it.  Sure, getting everyone out of the house by 8:40 am is crazy.  You bet my house looks like a tornado went through it by the time we are leaving.  But it is so worth it!

Here is a peek into my time today:

9:00 am - drop the two little boys off at MDO, shed a tear in the car - it is Carson's first day.

First stop - my favorite thrift shop - browsing without little hands touching everything!
Next, pick up my mom for a little "girl" time.
Errands - Dierberg's, GNC, Lunch at Bandana's, Once Upon A Child, Trader Joe's
Drop mom off and head back to the thrift shop to pick up my bag, hoping their debit system is working now!

2:45 pm - pick up the two little boys and head home!

Whew - busy - but fun and refreshing!  It has been a long summer!

Thursday - How I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment