Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Big Purge

We are gearing up for our annual yard sale on September 11th.  This year two of our neighbors will be having sales on the same day.  I am hoping for a gorgeous day and lots of buyers.

So, the Big Purge at our house has begun.  We simply have too much stuff - too many things that no one uses, no one watches, no one wears or no one plays with.  No closet, drawer or cabinet is safe!  I am looking forward to this even though it is more work for me than anyone else.  I mean come on, my kids are blissfully unaware that they have too many things.  They are completely happy to pile things on top of their dressers or desks because they won't fit in the drawers or closets.

How do you control the "stuff"?  Do you have a yearly purge like us or do you do it more often?  What do you do with the things you no longer need - do you sell them either at a garage sale or through Craigslist, or do you donate to a charity?

No comments:

Post a Comment