Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Plans

The big question around our house this week is "What are we going to DO this summer?"  Hmm...good question.  I have been meaning to sit down and really plan some fun this year.  Fun that doesn't necessarily involve lots of money or 2 parents to wrangle kids (summer is Ricks extremely busy time at work).  My ideas seem a little self centered to me (read, sew more, exercise every day), so I gave everyone a sheet of paper and asked them to write down anything and EVERYTHING they want to do this summer, no matter how big or small.

Here is what I found out: 
  1. They would really like to travel.  Florida, Tennessee and Branson, MO all made the lists.
  2. They are okay with free or cheap things too.  Picnics, parks and hikes all were listed. And
  3. They really had fun being in on our summer plans.
So this week we will sort through all the ideas and come up with a plan.  Although I don't see travel within the next 2 months, I see alot of other things getting checked off the lists!

What are your plans for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment