Rick and the kids really liked this pie. I used Granny Smith apples, which were perfect. Very easy to put together while dinner was cooking and then slide in the oven for an evening snack.
Note: This is an older version of this recipe. The newest version which uses less apples, sugar and milk can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the post!
BISQUICK IMPOSSIBLE FRENCH APPLE PIE
6 cups sliced tart apples
1-1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons firm butter, cut into pieces
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Use 10 x 1 1/2 inch pie plate.
2. Mix apple slices and cinnamon, put in pie plate.
3. Beat remaining ingredients except streusel until smooth. Pour into plate over the apples.
4. Mix all streusel ingredients in a bowl, until crumbly and sprinkle on top of pie.
5. Bake until knife inserted comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
Enjoy! Click here for more delicious Bisquick recipes featuring apples!